Maybe you are reading this website and don’t know for sure if you’re right with God? You may even be asking yourself the question "Am I saved?" Becoming saved, getting right with God, is not a hard thing – God has made it so simple that any person can be if they want to. Any party or wedding you attend is started with an invitation from the host. You recieve an invite and then you respond to it, your response being a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
Today God invites you to:
- Have all your sins forgiven (because it is our sin that separated us from God).
- Be restored into friendship with Him, He is the one who made you, and He has always known you.
- Have the question marks concerning life after death removed, and in their place have an assurance of eternal life (Where you will go when you die?).
- Have any breaks in your heart mended by his awsome love.
God’s invitation to you was His own Son, Jesus.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." –John 3:16
God demonstrated His love by sending His Son to die in our place. He came to save us, not judge us. Eternal life (or salvation) simply comes through believing in Jesus.
Respond to His invitation
An invitation will usually have the letters RSVP (respondez, s’il vous plait) written at the bottom, which simply means that you need to respond if you want to be included. So it is with God’s invitation. He has given everything and done everything for you to be saved – all you need to do is respond with a ‘yes or ‘no’. Why not respond with a ‘yes’ today? How? By praying this prayer from your heart:
"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that you are God’s Son and that you came from heaven to earth to die for my sin. I am sorry for all my sin and believe that you took the punishment for my sin in my place. I thank you for your perfect forgiveness toward me. I give the reins of my life to you and ask that you will teach and enable me to live a new life. Thank you, Jesus, for forgiving me and giving me new life. Amen."
In praying this prayer you have responded to God’s invitation to eternal life. Well done! Now, you are saved! Here are a few key things you need to do now to help you grow in your relationship with God:
- Find a church that suits you and get involved.
- Get your hands on a Bible in modern-day language and start reading the gospel of John in the New Testament.
- Start to pray (prayer is simply talking to God).
If you need any help in finding a church or taking the next steps in your Christian walk, please do not hesitate to contact us today at Langstone church.